Oracle Health Sciences Analyze is the reporting and visualization application that supplements reports available in the Oracle Health Sciences Activate and Oracle Health Sciences Select clinical study startup applications. This article includes an introduction to the data dictionary, instructions for accessing Analyze, and more. We've included the following sections:
- Getting started with Analyze
- A data dictionary that reflects your work
- Accessing Analyze from Activate or Select
- How Analyze roles control access to information
Getting started with Analyze
Analyze reports allow you to view status and other data about the activities that your study team performs in Activate and/or Select. With Analyze, you can customize reports and share them with external partners.
All report data comes from Activate and Select where information about sites, documents, submissions, milestones, and the status of activities related to them are tracked and managed.
In Analyze you can view:
- Standard reports created by Oracle
- Custom reports prepared by your study team members (who have admin privileges)
A data dictionary that reflects your work
The Analyze data dictionary is built to provide insight on common study startup tasks. For example, study milestone data can be used to build a report showing planned versus expected study milestones. The cycle time data items give you the ability to identify bottlenecks or improve processes.
Whatever your reporting needs, there’s one or multiple items in the Analyze data dictionary that can meet them.
Accessing Analyze from Activate or Select
If you have the appropriate permissions to access Analyze reports, you'll navigate to Analyze (Tableau) from within either the Activate or Select application. In the Activate top navigation bar, click Reports, then click Analyze reports. In the Select top navigation bar, hover over the Dashboards menu, then click Analyze reports.
Study Level Permissions
For both Analyze and Select, you must have study level access to view specific studies in certain reports. Analyze enforces study level permissions for the following reports:
- All Activities + Notes
- Contract Module Status
- Delivery Dashboard
- Documents and Submissions
- Milestone and Scheduled Activity Planning
- Open Activities
- Regulatory Submissions and Approval Status
- Site IP Release Package Dashboard
- Study Summary Dashboard
- Survey Response Analysis
- Site Study Interest and Exclusion
- Site Progress
- Study Level Notes
Activate Release Compatibility
Please note that Analyze reports are not backward compatible to previous Activate releases. Customers who want access to the enhanced reports in 19.2 Analyze must upgrade their Activate release to 19.2 as well. Please contact your Oracle Project Manager or Account Manager for more information about upgrading.
How Analyze roles control access to information
Analyze controls who has access to certain data views. There are two roles:
- business intelligence (BI): This super user role can view all reports, and create or edit reports.
- view only: Users with this role can view a subset of the standard Analyze reports, and reports that BI users share with them.
Copyright © 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.