This article provides guidance on testing and deploying modified configurations in Oracle Health Sciences Activate Configuration Designer. We've included the following sections:
- Using a test environment
- Viewing current deployment status
- Procedures index
Using a test environment
If you make changes to a configuration, we recommend that you deploy it to a test environment so that you and your study team can test the configuration without impacting studies that are in progress. Once you are satisfied with the configuration, deploy it to the production environment where actual studies are run.
Note: If the configuration involves many countries, it may take multiple hours to see the configuration appear in the target environment.
Viewing current deployment status
If you initiated the deployment of a configuration, a progress indicator for ongoing deployments displays at the lower left hand of the page, below the data grid.
Deployment status indicators
Deployment audit report
Configuration Designer users responsible for configuration deployments can download a .csv format report containing a full audit of all data deployed to the Activate environment. This audit is available for deployments that successfully complete and those that fail part way through. The file is not available while a deployment is actively underway.
The audit report captures all data inserted into the Activate database as part of the deployment and includes the following data points:
- Item type
- Item name
- Item ID
- Country affected by the insert or update
- Operation type (insert or update)
You can access the audit report under the Deploys tab, in the deployment’s log. The action button, “Download Deployment Audit,” displays to the left of the Cancel button when the report is complete and available for download (see Deployment Info image above).
The audit report has a specific file naming convention to assist in differentiating multiple reports when validating deployments. The convention is: <config name><ruleset_name>Deployment <account name>_<date time stamp>.csv
These are the elements of the file name variables:
- config name: configuration name - visible in the Name column on the Configuration Designer homepage
- ruleset name: ruleset name - visible in the Ruleset Name column of the Deploys tab
- account name: Activate account to which the configuration was deployed - visible in the Account Name column on the Deploys tab
- date time stamp: deployment day of the week abbreviated, month abbreviated, day, year, hour_min_sec in the user's local timezone (i.e., Mon Jul 16 2018 14_16_33 GMT).
View completed or failed deployments
If you did not initiate the deployment, or if you would like to see the status of completed or failed deployments, follow the steps below.
- On the home page, click the name of the configuration.
- Click the Deploys tab. You'll see the deployment status in the Status column. To review the deployment log details, click the clipboard icon in the far right column in the grid.
- Optionally, click the Download Deployment Audit button to download a .csv format report containing a full audit of all data deployed to the Activate environment.
Copyright © 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.