Occasionally, investigative Sites need to work with their respective Information Technology associates to resolve issues regarding access to Activate. This article details several scenarios and provides guidance on next steps.
Best practice: Once you've accessed the Activate application, set a bookmark so you can easily locate it in the future.
Scenario 1: I didn’t click on my activation email and I’m getting a message that the activation token expired.
- Click on the link to go to Activate (where you received the error message).
- Click on the Activate logo; this will take you to the Home page.
- Click Forgot Your Password and enter your email address.
- Click Done. You will receive a new email to activate your account.
Scenario 2: I received the email to activate my account, but it appears that the link has been blocked/removed by my IT department.
Contact your Sponsor/CRO partner who will assist with getting this resolved.
Scenario 3: I received the email to activate my account, but when I click on the link, I receive an error message that the site cannot be found.
The web application URL address in the link may be blocked by your organization. Please contact your IT department and request that they “whitelist” anything associated with <.gobalto.com>. Once this is complete, you will able to access the application.
Scenario 4: I am able to log into Activate, but when I do, all I see is a blank screen.
Contact your Sponsor/CRO Partner. You have likely not been assigned to a study at this time.
Scenario 5: I am working with a version of Internet Explorer (IE) that is at or below IE9.
Users who are on a version of Internet Explorer (IE) 9 or below sometimes have issues accessing Activate. Below are the steps/options to resolve this issue. We recommend that you follow the order below.
- Try using a different browser. Activate is compatible with Chrome and Internet Explorer 9+.
- If that doesn’t work, refer to Scenario 3; the goBalto application may need to be whitelisted.
- If your IT department confirms that the goBalto application is whitelisted and you are still having issues, you will need to work with them to have your browser updated to IE9 or higher.
- If this is not possible, contact your Sponsor/CRO Partner.
Scenario 6: I have received an email alert that I have activities to complete, but the link has been omitted in the email due to e-mail restrictions at my site.
In this case, you will need to treat the alert purely as an email notification and know that when you receive one, you will need to go directly to the goBalto application using the bookmark that you created when you activated your account. When you have completed your activity, delete the email.
Copyright ©2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.