This article describes Oracle's goBalto Activate - the web application that gives you anytime, anywhere access to your site activation activities. You can use the full version of Activate to upload documents, add notes, and view status for documents assigned to your site. We've provided step-by-step instructions below.
Some sites prefer to use Activate LITE or Site email integration to exchange documents without logging in to Activate. We've provided descriptions for these options below.
- Accessing Activate
- Compatible web browsers
- Logging in to Activate
- Status indicators used in Activate
- Uploading a document
- Viewing an uploaded document
- Viewing contract, document, and submission activities
- Adding a note for your team
- Getting help and support
- About Activate LITE
- About site email integration
Your study sponsor or CRO has invited you to collaborate in Activate to complete tasks and see status. Once you’re added as a collaborating site, and complete an online training and assessment, you will receive an email notification that allows you to access Activate and set up your account. Just click the email link to log in to Activate.
If other members of your study team need to submit documents, contact your sponsor or CRO.
Compatible web browsers
Activate is hosted in the cloud and runs on multiple browsers. Currently, we certify or support Chrome and Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11.
Logging in to Activate
- Once you receive your Activate invitation, click the link included in the email.
- On the Change your password page, create a new password, then confirm it.
- Click Change my password.
Status indicators used in Activate
Activate uses a color and shapes to indicate status.
Uploading a document
- On the left side of the page, at Your alerts, click the document you want to upload. The work area for the document will appear on the right side of the page. Note: If a document you need to upload does not appear, contact your sponsor or CRO.
- Click Attach file.
- Choose a file from your computer.
- Click Done.
- As the file is uploading, you’ll see a progress bar. After Activate checks for viruses, you’ll see a message that the file was saved successfully. Then, under File history, you’ll see the new document listed.
Note: If you upload the incorrect file, contact your Activate sponsor or CRO contact.
Viewing an uploaded document
- Click the Document Activities tab.
- Click the name of the document you want to access.
- Scroll down if needed and click the gray arrow next to File history.
- Click the name of the file to download and view it, or if enabled for your account, click the magnifying glass to preview the document.
Viewing contract, document, and submission activities
- Click the Contract Activities, Document Activities, or Submission Activities tab.
- Expand widgets to see activities relevant to either the contracts, documents, or submissions.
- Complete activities as appropriate for each subject area.
Adding a note for your team
- To add a note to be shared with your CRO or sponsor, click the Notes tab.
- Add a highlight and summary of the note.
- If necessary, you can attach a document to a note. Click Attach File and browse to locate the file. Activate will complete a virus scan on the file.
- Click Add to send the note.
You can also add a note for a document. Click the Document Activities tab, click the document name, enter your note, then click Done.
As you add notes from the Notes tab or from within an activity widget, the note history will be visible in the Notes tab as well. Previous notes display below the Note form.
Getting help and support
Here's how to get assistance if you need it:
- Request help from you sponsor or CRO contact
- Request help from Oracle by phone at 1.877.230.4168 (24/7)
About Activate LITE
With Activate LITE, you can complete document activities directly from an email link, without logging in to Activate. The link takes you directly to Activate LITE, where you can complete activities and upload or download a file for one or more activities.
- When you receive an email for your outstanding activities, click the Activate LITE logo.
- Complete the activities listed.
- To upload a file, click Attach file.
- To download a file, click the filename. An orange asterisk shows you files that you can download.
- Click Done.
About site email integration
With site email integration, sites can complete site activation tasks by viewing and uploading documents and adding comments directly from their email.
- When you receive an email for your outstanding activities, click the option next to Reply or click the icon to download a file.
- Upload files to the reply email (do not alter token text at the bottom of the email).
- Add comments as needed.
- Click Send.
Copyright ©2018, 2019, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.