This article provides answers to frequently asked questions about Oracle's goBalto Help Center. We've included the following sections:
- Access to goBalto Help Center
- Navigating in the goBalto Help Center
- Feature briefs
- Release notes
- Product user guides
Access to goBalto Help Center
Can I access goBalto Help Center from within Activate or Select?
Yes, if your user account has the appropriate business role permission (introduced with the goBalto 18.2 product release). When you have this permission, you'll see the goBalto Help Center link when you hover over your name at the top right corner of any page in Activate or in the help dropdown in Select.
Navigating in the goBalto Help Center
How does the Search feature work?
From the goBalto Help Center home page, enter a search term or character string in the Search field at the top of the page.
If the Help Center includes articles with matching terms or characters, you'll see a dropdown display just below the home page Search field. The list includes top suggestions for matching articles.
If you enter a term or character string in the Search field and press return on your keyboard immediately, Help Center returns a full list of every article with that term or character string. If the results span multiple pages, scroll down to use the page controls at the bottom of the page.
- General terms return a broad list of content. For example, enter feature brief to view a full list of every published feature brief article across all Oracle's goBalto product lines.
- Find specific terms by using quotes around the term. For example, to find the article that includes content for a minor (patch) or hotfix release, enter the release number in quotes ("220.127.116.11"). The Help Center will return a list of articles that include just those specific characters.
- Search is not case sensitive and will recognize capitalized and non-capitalized search terms.
What is a promoted article?
To raise visibility on certain high-demand articles, we occasionally "promote" articles so that they display on the home page and don't require users to navigate or search for the content. Promoted articles display just below the major category boxes (Activate, Analyze, Configuration Designer, etc.).
You'll notice that we update the promoted articles most often when we have a major (quarterly) release. In the weeks just before and just after our major releases, we'll promote articles like feature briefs, release notes, training materials, and others.
How do I find all the materials for a specific product release?
Here are two easy ways:
- Search for a specific release version and product name using the Search field on the home page. For example, enter "18.2 Activate" (using quotes), then press return on your keyboard. The Help Center will return a list of all currently-published content for the 18.2 Activate release.
- Navigate from the home page. For example, if you want to view all materials for the 18.1 version of Activate, click the Activate category (in the orange box). This displays an abbreviated list of all currently-published Activate content, by release. Click the release heading (e.g., click 18.1 Activate Documentation) to view the full list of every available article related to the 18.1 Activate release.
Can I view a list of all articles in a goBalto Help Center section?
Yes. On the goBalto Help Center Home page, click the category box (e.g., Activate, Configuration Designer, Technical Documents, etc.). When the page refreshes, you'll see a list of sections, typically broken out by release level or major topic. Click the section header to view the entire list of articles for the section.
When you're viewing an individual article, you'll also see an "Articles in this section" heading on the right side of the page. Click any listed article to navigate to it.
Where can I find the feature brief for a specific product release?
Here are two easy ways:
- Search for a specific release version and product name using the Search field on the home page. For example, enter "18.2 Activate feature brief" (using quotes), then press return on your keyboard.
- Navigate from the home page. For example, if you want to view the feature brief for the 18.1 version of Activate, click the Activate category (in the orange box). This displays an abbreviated list of all currently-published Activate content, by release. Click the release heading (e.g., click 18.1 Activate Documentation) to view the full list of every available article related to the 18.1 Activate release. The 18.1 Activate feature brief will be displayed in this list.
When are feature briefs published in the goBalto Help Center?
We publish feature briefs two weeks prior to the scheduled general availability (GA) date for major, quarterly releases. We'll "promote" feature brief articles on that day, and you can easily access them from the goBalto Help Center Home page.
Where can I find release notes?
We've published release notes right here in the goBalto Help Center for all release levels that have active customers (e.g., 18.2, 18.1, 17.4, 17.3, and 17.2). This includes release notes for all major (quarterly), minor (patch), and hotfix releases. Going forward, we'll continue to publish release notes here in the Help Center as new releases are made generally available (e.g., 18.3, 18.4, etc.).
When are release notes posted?
- major releases (i.e., 18.2, 18.3, etc.) - published on day of GA
- minor (patch) releases (i.e., 18.2.1, 18.3.1, etc.) - published on day of GA
- hotfix releases (i.e., 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, etc.) - generally published day of GA, but no later than 48 hours after GA (to account for emergency situations)
What is the structure of the release notes?
We publish unique articles for major and minor (patch) release notes. For example, 18.3 release notes and 18.3.1 minor (patch) release notes are separate, searchable articles in the goBalto Help Center.
With the 18.1 release we modified how we publish hotfix release notes. Going forward, hotfix release notes will be published as an addition to the minor (patch) release notes. For example, we added the 126.96.36.199 hotfix release notes to the 18.1.1 release notes as a new section linked in the article's table of contents.
Tip: Bookmark major or minor (patch) release note articles to quickly return to the articles for any updates.
How can I find the specific release notes I need?
Use the goBalto Help Center's search feature to easily find quarterly, patch, and hotfix release notes. For example:
- Enter Activate release notes in the goBalto Help Center's search field to view a full list of published Activate release notes
- Use quotes around a search term or character string to narrow the search (e.g., "188.8.131.52" returns the article containing the 184.108.40.206 hotfix release notes)
Will I be notified of new release updates?
goBalto will notify customers of release availability; however, we encourage all customers to access the goBalto Help Center for the most current information. You can access documentation and training materials in the Help Center 24/7.
Product user guides
Where can I find user guides?
As we transition to an online, article-based help center for product documentation, you'll find that user guides that were previously published as chapter-based PDF documents are now available as individual articles within a goBalto Help Center section. We've created unique articles for every chapter of the previous PDF documents to assist you in quickly searching and finding content.
Where can I find job aids?
To support the goBalto Help Center article-based, single-source design, we combined the content of job aids with the content of the relevant user guide chapter and published these materials together in a single article. Articles intended to assist customers with using Oracle goBalto products now include feature-based overviews as well as step-by-step procedures from the job aids, where applicable.
Copyright ©2018, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.