This feature brief article describes what is coming in the 18.1 release of goBalto Activate, and it gives you early insights into the upcoming Activate release. All features are subject to change
- For tips on rolling out these features to your organization, see the Implementation Planning checklist and contact your goBalto Project Manager for more information.
- The list of supported browsers has not changed with the 18.1 release. For details, see the goBalto browser support article.
Document preview and annotations
Activate has enhanced document management capabilities to allow for inline preview of documents and associated metadata. Contact your project manager for details on new functionality to support user specific annotations capability when viewing documents.
The submissions feature has been enhanced to automatically flow submission and approval dates to included sites for central authority submissions. Submission types may now be created through the workflow wizard. There are new fields to input reasons and a new status of discontinued. Submission package dates can only be completed if predecessor activities were completed with an earlier date.
Contract management enhancements
Functional improvements have been made to the type dropdown for Contracts including the ability to create through the workflow wizard. Blocking activities are now viewable from within the placeholder and contract amendments may now be added by country or type for the selected contract. Bulk actions may now be taken for contract activities.
Customer defined note categories will enable customers to better analyze the SSU process and streamline and accelerate as needed for improved efficiency.
Updated fields and capabilities have been added to the goBalto standard set of APIs in order to more closely integrate with key customer systems. The eTMF publish, artifact publish, and artifact GET APIs will now support a number of new fields. Additionally, new triggers have been added to the artifact publish API and a new activity completion API has been introduced.
Configuration Designer enhancements
Several updates have been made to Configuration Designer to further boost functionality and ease of use, including:
- persistent progress indicators for ongoing deployments
- study level documents are now included in collection data exports
- lineage flags are included in dependency data exports
- ad hoc process dependencies can now be deployed to Activate
- user interface improvements and better alignment with the user experience of Activate
Other Activate enhancements
Additional customer requested enhancements are part of the 18.1 release and some of those items include:
- automatic update of site status based on IP release global milestone
- document export file names now reflect package names
- document expiry details are visible and editable in Bulk Work
- a new site email integration column reflects the staff member the document is for
- submission and IP release package planning modals now include full Sub-I names
Follow up with your Project Manager to learn how the features in the table below may be used with existing studies.
|Additional configurations?||Can be turned on and off?||Impacts UI if turned off?|
|Document preview and annotations|
|Submissions types in Workflow Wizard||No||No||No|
|Discontinues submission status||No||No||No|
|Submission date validation||Yes||No||No|
|Contract management enhancements|
|Create contracts through Workflow Wizard||No||No||No|
|Improved support of contract types||No||No||No|
|View blocking contract activities in placeholders||No||No||No|
|Contract amendments added by country or by type||No||No||No|
|Applying category types to notes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Other Activate enhancements|
|Automatic update of site status based on IP release global milestone||Yes||Yes||No|
|Document export file names now reflect package names||No||No||N/A|
|Document expiry details are visible and editable in Bulk Work||No||No||N/A|
|New site email integration column reflecting the staff member the document is for||No||No||N/A|
|Submission and IP release package planning modals now include full Sub-I names||No||No||N/A|
Copyright ©2018 goBalto, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Under the copyright laws, this article may not be copied, in whole or in part without written consent of goBalto, Inc. except in the normal use of the application and as described in the Terms of Service. The same proprietary and copyright notices must be affixed to any permitted copies as were affixed to the original.