This feature brief describes what is coming in the 17.4 release of goBalto Activate.
• For tips on rolling out these features to your organization, see the Implementation planning checklist section of this article. Please contact your goBalto Project Manager for more information.
• The list of supported browsers has changed with the 17.4 release. For details, see the Browser support article.
Bulk work updates
The bulk work feature has been overhauled to provide better usability and significantly more robust functionality. Specifically, Activate offers the following bulk action enhancements:
- A user can now complete document, contract, package, and submission activities in bulk. They can also add notes, attachments, and version ids to those items.
- A user can now access Bulk work through the top navigation bar rather than in the context of a study. As a result, a user can now manage multiple studies through the Bulk work page.
- A user can now discontinue and reinstate a document in the context of Bulk work.
- Bulk work across multiple studies now requires a specific permission: Allows bulk activities across multiple studies. A user with this role permission can complete tasks in bulk across one, many, or all studies, countries, or sites.
- After completing one or more bulk actions, a user now sees a success message and a table summarizing completed actions.
Updates have been made to the submissions feature of Activate to improve overall usability:
- A site experience user can now plan and execute submissions in the site experience UI.
- A user can now rename submission packages
IP release review updates
Updates have been made to the IP release review feature of Activate to provide a more granular review of items.
- A user can now accept or reject individual study/country/site documents rather than just an entire package. Those items can be acted upon one at a time by the user who created the package.
- A user can now specify the version id of a package.
- A user can now select a reason for rejecting the package.
- A user can now select a reason when rejecting a document.
- A user can now indicate that a rejected document has been updated.
- A user can now click a link of their rejected document and navigate directly to it in order to take action.
Study library updates
Updates have been made to the Study Library feature of Activate to improve overall usability.
- A user can now add, edit, and remove a document group, provided they hold the Enable document grouping in Study library permission.
- A new role permission, Enable document grouping in Study library, gives a user the ability to manage a document grouping in Study library.
- A user can now filter documents in the study library based on the country with which they are associated.
- A user can now perform on a group of documents any action they can perform on a single document.
Activate now gives users the ability to preview PDF documents from within the application. A user will be able to see pertinent information from within document preview. Updates have been made to the document preview feature of Activate to make document management more efficient:
- A user can now preview files from wherever a file is available in the UI.
- A user can now see pertinent information about a document from within document preview.
Site navigation updates
A user’s preference for how sites are ordered is saved from study to study and session to session. The order in which sites are displayed for a particular user will not be changed until the user specifies this change.
A number of other enhancements have been made to Activate:
- A user can now discontinue ad hoc documents.
- Activate now supports the following top-level domains for site email addresses: .clinic, .gov.*, .gouv.*, .gob.*, .govt.*, and .go.*.
- If a site milestone is configured for a country, and the milestone is suppressed, when a new site is added to the country Activate will not create a corresponding entity milestone. Contact your project manager to enable this setting.
- Activate now excludes alerts for dropped and closed sites, as well as for inactive studies. If a study or site becomes active once again, then the assigned users to the study, country, or sites will receive alerts again.
- A user can now specify a wider range of options for times at which email alerts should be sent to them.
Implementation planning checklist
Follow up with your Project Manager to learn how the features in the table below may be used with existing studies.
|Additional configurations?||Can be turned on and off?||Impacts UI if turned off?|
|Bulk work updates|
|Majority of activities can be done in bulk||No||No||N/A|
|Access through top navigation bar||No||No||N/A|
|Discontinue and reinstate a document||No||No||N/A|
|Allows bulk activities across multiple studies (permission)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Summary table of completed actions||No||No||N/A|
|Plan and execute submissions in site experience user interface||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Discontinue and reinstate a submission version||No||No||N/A|
|Export a package before package completion||No||No||N/A|
|Rename a submission package||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|IP release review updates|
|Accept or reject individual study/country/site documents||No||No||N/A|
|Specify the version ID of a package||No||No||N/A|
|Configure reason(s) for IP package rejection||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Increased functionality for rejected documents||No||No||N/A|
|Study library updates|
|Add, edit, remove a new document group||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Enable document grouping in study library (permission)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Filter documents based on country||No||No||N/A|
|Perform group-related actions on multiple documents||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|See pertinent information about document from within document preview||No||Yes||Yes|
|Preview files from anywhere within the Activate product||No||Yes||Yes|
|Site navigation updates|
|Preference for how sites are ordered is saved from study to study and session to session||No||No||N/A|
Copyright ©2018 goBalto, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Under the copyright laws, this article may not be copied, in whole or in part without written consent of goBalto, Inc. except in the normal use of the application and as described in the Terms of Service. The same proprietary and copyright notices must be affixed to any permitted copies as were affixed to the original.